Tuesday 15 May 2012

Childrens Rooms - London Love

Morning! I hope you are all well.  My children are all full of cold again which doesn't help when Lucy is sitting her SATs this week and Jack has his end of year exams.  I spent a lovely day with Kitty yesterday as I had to keep her home with suspected conjunctivitus and after a restless night with a horrid cough, she just needed a day at home with mummy.  I have to admit it was lovely spending the day colouring, making finger puppets from her comic and building models with Lego.  Whilst our Lego towers weren't quite up to the magnificance of Big Ben or the London Eye, they were pretty good!  Anyway even though I wasn't really working yesterday I was thinking about the London skyline as a design for children's rooms and I know there are some fab finds out there.  So we can thank my Lego building for inspiring todays post!


London Scene Cushion Cover from Cath Kidston. Also you could make a matching pair of curtains with the London Scene Cotton Duck.

I absolutely love Michelle Mason's designs and these cushions are perfect for a London theme.
Available from her website and Not On The High Street


And of course Michelle Mason's rugs are so bright and colourful. They are also incredibly thick, I have seen these at Home earlier this year. 
Available from The Gifted Penguin



Love this personalised London print from Sweet Home London



Now these are seriously cool, London bus lights!
Available from Carry Me Home



Finish it all off with a lampshade adormed with iconic London architecture.
Available from Buttons & Moon

I know there are even more fabtastic London themed ideas for children's rooms this year, so please feel free to share some more with me here, on Twitter or on our facebook page.

Have a fab day, I'm off to catch up on some work!
Zoe
x


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails